Bookings are normally Saturday to Saturday; it may be possible to arrange other dates out of season.
Provisional bookings will be held for five working days.
A non-refundable deposit is required of £100.00 for each one week, or part week booking.
Payment for the full cost of your holiday is due 6 weeks in advance by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Bookings made less than 6 weeks prior to your holiday should be paid in full at the time of booking.
A parking pass is available permitting parking within Aberdyfi's two car parks, spaces not guaranteed & pass must be displayed clearly.
Bed linen, towels (1 Bath & 1 Hand p.p.), tea-towels, oven glove and cleaning supplies are provided.
A maximum of two pets are accepted at £25.00 per week for both.
Please note that the front door of the property opens directly onto the road, so care must be taken.
Conditions of Hire
Bookings are accepted by The Owner as self-catering holidays.
1. The booking form, signed by the Guest, is a contract of tenancy between the Owner of the property and the Guest for a self-catering holiday at The Old Lifeboat House (Traeth Dyf), the property. The contract is deemed to have been made when the Owner issues a confirmation of booking to the Guest.
2. Provisional reservations are initially accepted by telephone or email and must be confirmed within five working days by the Owner’s receipt of a completed and signed booking form, along with payment of the non-refundable deposit. Provisional reservations will be cancelled after such time without further reference.
3. Once a provisional reservation has been confirmed, the Guest is responsible for the total rent, the balance of which is to be received by the Owner at least six weeks prior to arrival. For bookings made six weeks or less before arrival, the rent is payable in full.
4 A holiday booking is a legally binding contract. Cancellations more than six weeks prior to the commencement date of the holiday will be refunded, less the deposit. Refunds on cancellations within six weeks of the commencement date will be at the Owner’s discretion and depend on the ability to re-let. It is the Guest’s responsibility to take out a Holiday Insurance policy against any loss they may incur should they need to cancel their holiday.
5. If for any reason beyond the Owner’s control the property is not available on the date booked, the holiday will be deferred to a later available date, or all rent and charges paid in advance by the Guest will be refunded in full and the Guest shall have no further claim against the Owner. If a deferment is chosen, the new holiday date may be cheaper or more expensive than the original holiday and this difference will be either deducted or applied.
6. Accommodation is let for the maximum of four guests only and excess of these numbers cannot be accepted. The signatory must be a member of the party occupying the property.
7. All bookings are accepted at the discretion of the property Owner.
8. A security deposit, at the discretion of the Owner, may be required. If there are no damages or losses, this will be re-funded by cheque after the holiday.
9. The property is available for occupation from 3.00 p.m. on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure. These times may be subject to change.
10.Any damage, breakage, complaint, or anything giving cause for concern noticed upon the Guest taking occupancy of the property must be reported within 24 hours to the Owner. During occupancy of the property any such matter must be reported to the Owner immediately in order that it may be investigated before the tenancy ends and rectified where possible. The Owner will not be liable for any compensation which may be sought by the Guest.
11.The Guest is responsible for cleaning the property, it’s furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects prior to departure, leaving it in the same state of cleanliness and order in which it was found. The Guest is responsible for reporting any damage or breakages during the period of occupancy to the Owner. Such losses or necessary additional cleaning charges will be billed to the Guest.
12.The Guest will not cause any damage, unreasonable noise or disturbance to occupants of adjoining premises or others, or allow any areas of the property to look untidy.
13. Every effort will be made to ensure the standard described for the property and that all items of equipment described and supplied by the Owner are in good working order. However, no guarantee is given or liability accepted if any breakdown occurs. Repairs are always investigated and any remedial measures, where practicable, instigated as soon as possible, although inevitably delays do occur.
14.The property Owner shall not be held responsible for any illness, accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by the Guest, member of his/her party, or visitor, to the property, however caused.
15. Where “pets are welcomed”, it is on the condition that they are not allowed on the furniture, are never left unattended in the property or garden, must be supervised and be under strict control at all times. Pets must not cause unreasonable noise, any nuisance, or disturbance. Pets are expected to be up to date with an anti-parasitic treatments and free of contagious illnesses. At the end of the holiday all traces of the pet must be cleaned from the property and outdoor areas. Although the garden is wire mesh fenced and hedged, it cannot be guaranteed as secure for pets. The Owner will not be held liable should your pet escape the property or garden. The Guest is responsible for checking security before letting the pet roam freely within the perimeter of the property.
16. Smoking is not permitted within the property. “No smoking” in the property description may not guarantee that smoking has never taken place in the property.
17. The Owner of the property cannot accept responsibility for work or activities taking place outside the boundary of the property nor for any noise or nuisance over which the Owner has no control.
18. All property details in literature, adverts and websites are given in good faith and are believed to be correct at time of publishing, however their accuracy is not guaranteed. Facilities described may be altered or withdrawn, in which case the Owner cannot accept responsibility.
19. These Conditions of Hire supersede all previous editions.